Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Phase Eight takes your privacy very seriously. We do not use the information you provide to us to learn any more about you other than what is required to meet your orders or to provide you with a better shopping experience, or where we are under a legal obligation to do so. Any contact details gathered through press or customer enquiries will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have asked us to send these to you or consented to us sending these to you. If you do not wish to be sent marketing information please opt-out using the relevant check-box situated on the form on which we collect your data or on the form used to create your online account.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, such as when you create an online account in order to purchase products, personalising our site with your preferences or requesting further services;
- information that you provide when requesting any marketing information, when you enter promotions, when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with our site;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders (however we never store your payment details);
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.);
- information about yourself provided by you to us for specific purposes;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and your email address to help us improve our services.
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We recommend that you do not provide such information to us, but to the extent you choose to do so this will mean that you have given explicit consent (and we have accepted) for us to use the information for the reasons set out in this policy.
The information we collect from you will not be stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal data, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information you give us relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- if you are an existing customer we may contact you by email with information about goods and services which may be of interest because they are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- we may use your information to remind you that you have items in your basket or that a transaction is incomplete;
- information collected through transactions completed as a ‘guest’ will be anonymised following fulfilment of the order;
- we may use information held about you for the administration of the site, to ensure that site content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- your information will be processed by Feefo, a third party feedback site which we use to enhance our customer service, and it may also be processed by a third party platform to assist with fulfilment of your order.
If you want to change the details that you have registered on-line with us, or would like us to stop sending you marketing information, this can be changed in the “My Account” section of our site.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Phase Eight (Fashion & Designs) Limited. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.