Be the best dressed wedding guest
When you’re looking for an outfit for a wedding, there are a few things to bear in mind:
- Don’t wear white, cream or ivory. Only the Bride gets to do that on her wedding day, so wedding guests should steer clear of this particular colour palette.
- If there’s a dress code mentioned on the wedding invitation, guests are expected to observe it. A formal black tie wedding will require a cocktail dress or long dress, whereas a more traditional semi-formal wedding is perfect for a smart day dress – and a hat or fascinator if you like.
- When you go shopping, stay open-minded and try on dress shapes that you might not normally try. Everything looks different on the hanger and you might be surprised with what looks good on you.
- When choosing your wedding outfit, choose something that looks fantastic and that you feel comfortable in. Choose a dress in a summer fabric for hot weather, or something with a shrug or jacket for weddings on cooler days.
- If you are going to a beach wedding, dress to impress by all means, but dress for the elements too – sun, sand and sea don’t mix with high heels and feathered hats, so think what you’d wear to a nice restaurant on a hot day and you won’t go far wrong.
- A dress you can wear again makes a lot of sense financially. Could you wear it with a shrug for work, or accessorise it differently for a night out?
- Once you’ve found the perfect dress, it’s time to choose the all important accessories to pull your look together. Pick a sophisticated clutch for all your wedding essentials and glamorous shoes that complement your dress beautifully.
- A wedding hat or fascinator is the perfect finishing touch for your wedding outfit and will really make you feel the part.
What to wear to a wedding can be hard but whatever you decide, remember to have a fantastic day!