The best dressed wedding guest
Your invitation has arrived and the wedding gift has been bought. All that’s left is for you to choose the perfect wedding outfit.
Congratulations – you now have the perfect excuse to buy a fabulous new occasion dress! When you’re looking for a dress for a wedding, there are a few things to bear in mind:
- Don’t wear white, cream or ivory. Only the Bride gets to do that on her wedding day, so wedding guests should steer clear of this particular colour palette.
- If there’s a dress code mentioned on the wedding invitation, guests are expected to observe it. A formal black tie wedding will require a cocktail dress or long dress, whereas a more traditional semi-formal wedding is perfect for a smart day dress – and a hat or fascinator if you like.
- When you go shopping, stay open-minded and try on dress shapes that you might not normally try. Everything looks different on the hangar – and you might surprise yourself with what looks good on you.
- When choosing your wedding outfit, choose something that looks fantastic and that you feel comfortable in. Choose a dress in a summer fabric for hot weather, or something with a shrug or jacket for weddings on cooler days.
- Are you going to a beach wedding? Lucky you! Dress to impress by all means, but dress for the elements too – sun, sand and sea don’t mix with high heels and feathered hats, so think what you’d wear to a nice restaurant on a hot day and you won’t go far wrong.
- A dress you can wear again makes a lot of sense financially. Could you wear it with a shrug for work, or accessorise it differently for a night out?
- A wedding hat or fascinator is the perfect finishing touch for your wedding outfit and will really make you feel the part.
Whatever you decide to wear, have a fantastic day!
About the Phase Eight Wedding Boutique
As well as a range of beautiful wedding dresses and bridal accessories, we offer a range of flattering bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride outfits, occasion hats and fascinators, and wedding guest dresses and outfits.
Shop the Phase Eight Wedding Boutique now >